Update by user May 30, 2013

Updated today 5-30-2013.

Dr.Drummond was dead a$$ wrong.

We had another doctor administer another Urine Test on my wife and it came back negative for Dilauded! Just like we knew it would so the new test is being entered into the medical charts. We literally begged Dr. Drummond to retake the urine test and she said she was "not concerned about it" well we knew they had messed up the test and to the people reading this that thinks 'so what it's just a test' Please understand it's not 'just a test' it is your reputation, it is a medical record that says the urine tested positive for a heavy narcotic that she did not have a prescription for!

The doctor that did the test is a doctor that stood up for us in the meeting we had at Parkland Hospital in Dallas. I'm not going to mention his name because I don't want his name to flag a keyword for pissed consumer even though it would not be anything bad about him. I pray that people stand up for your rights! If you know a test is wrong let others know.

These Doctors have got to be held accountable when dealing with your permanent medical records. My wife has ongoing medical issues so her medical records must be accurate. If it were my test I really would not care because I go to the doctor once a year, but for a loved one that has long term care that screw up follows them! I wish I could get channel 5 to investigate our story...

It's not just this test it is also a doctor named Gerald Matchett who is now at UTSW in Dallas that said my wife needed detox after meeting and talking to her for less than (10) minutes... he determined that, of course before he walked into the room just because they could not find the exact cause of her upper right quadrant stomach pain. Which was determined to be an obstructed bile duct.

If anyone reads this that has any Ideas on how I can get her more help, or get channel 5 to talk to me PLEASE email me at: JoeEspisito@gmail.com your help would be so very appreciated!We are just normal 40 year old American Citizens that have been married for 24 years and she needs help with a system that is broken.

Original review posted by user May 24, 2013

My other post was cut off Halfway thru so here it is again!

Dr.Shaina Drummond, MD ; Parkland Pain Clinic.

You will find this skinny, blond so called doctor to be real full of herself! She took over for another pain doctor that my wife was seeing until my wife could have surgery on an obstructed bile duct. The pain level on this condition was explained to me as mimicking Pancreatic cancer, but without the cancer. So Dr.

Drummond sasses into the room on our first visit and tells my wife she is taking her off her pain medicine, which was only 3 5mg. hydrocodone per day. Partly because of Dr. Matchetts notes (google his name too he was the start of the issues) and partly because she does not believe in pain medicine unless it is for cancer patients.

Now let me say this. The surgery to correct the problem was only 3 months away. I asked it it was premature? I mean the whole part of the pain clinic was to keep her comfortable until surgery!

Dr. Drummond responded " well, it's my call and this is what I am going to do if you dont like it go to another hospital and get a second opinion!" So without insurance, that was out we would just go as long as possible and if the E.R. had to be visited then it would just have to. Now on the last appointment for the pain clinic Dr.

Drummond tells us my wifes last urine sample contained no hydrocodone but did contain dilaudid (a powerful narcotic) we told her it was wrong, that had to be a mix up on the urine! Dr. Drummond laughed at the fact they could have mixed it up! She said " It doesn't concern her" well it concerns us!

This is her Medical Record. Anyway we were able to get a grievance meeting 2 days ago with head doctors over the G.I. clinic and 2 MD's that had treated my wife spoke up in her behalf. Everyone genuinely seemed concerned about the botched test and about Dr.

Drummond saying "we are not going to tell anyone" "don't worry about it" In my opinion she is a self centered arrogant Doctor that needs retrained or actually fired, I don't think you can train a doctor to have common sense and compassion. I will update more after we get word from the meeting we had. If you have Dr.

Drummond do yourself a favor, print this show it to parkland and say "I need a doctor with common sense" one that is not on a POWER trip!

Had an Experience with Parkland pain clinic?

Comments

Eustis, Florida, United States #1211683

in my opinion Dr Drummond is an excellent careful compassionate wonderful doctor she has always treated me with kindness and takes extra time to explain procedures she had genuine concern for me and has eased my pain So glad I finally found a doctor who takes the time to listen and genuinely care. I highly recommend her she has a good sense of humor too and makes me feel at ease.

bluesky2015

I am black and have never felt like she was a racist.Always been nice and takes time to talk to you when lots of other doctors just rush in and out.

Tells it like it is and tries different ways to treat pain. She also recommended I see a counselor for my depression and it has helped me a lot.

Good doc in my opinion.It does take a while to get in to see her though.

Texas, United States #915139

RACIST, uses the N-word freely in both her professional and personal interactions

Notice how the three good comments about Drummond were all posted on 11/15/13. Wow, looks suspicious to me. Just a handful of readers and all of a sudden 3 separate people just happen to be looking up this 1 doctor on the same day.

Sounds like the above speaking person needs to tone down his comments about competent Doctors and seek professional mental health!

Dr.Drummond is the most qualified,competent doctor I have ever visited.

She brought me great pain relief to my back and neck immediately.

She is very caring,knowledgeable and I would and dorefer her to everyone.

to Anonymous #743008

Strongly agree with positive feedback about Dr. Drummond :)

Dallas, Texas, United States #670588

fastgranny that may be wonderful for you.However, I just came back from spending all day at Parkland.

My wifes 6th floor G.I. appointment showed no stones in the bile duct. The G.I. doctor feels it is nerve pain.

She was hurting so bad she was trembling after the procedure so they had to keep her on the bed and take her through Emergency. This is ongoing for 2 years. (2 hydrocodone per day is not popping pills all day) plus. knee / back can be rehabilitated.

Nerve damage can not. Because of Drummond my wife spent 6 hours in the E.R. Every E.R. doctor and G.I.

specialist agree. She put her personal beliefs in front of my wifes needs. Now G.I and the E.R had to put in another referral for the pain clinic. If she was very nice then she must have got zero questions from you.

Questions are what upset her. Truth is comparing your treatment to my wife's is comparing apples to oranges. The shots you spoke of in your back, may work great for you. My wife is allergic to prednisone.

They did the shots anyway and did not block the pain but did help a slipped disk. The prednisone swelled her lips and cheeks up double, her heart raced for 2 days and she ran 101(f) fever.

She is allergic to more things then most people are but she tried then to be compliant with the doctors.It got her no where.

fastgranny
Dallas, Texas, United States #669952

I disagree with this poster.I went to Dr.

Drummond for treatment of my knee and back pain. She was very nice and took the time to explain my condition. The resident who worked with her also was very thorough. I then got some shots in my knees, which helped me walk much better.

I like the fact she does not just give me a prescription for pain medications and walk out the door. She explained other treatment options for pain other than popping pain pills all day. I don't want to get addicted to those things. Hoping to have some shots in my back next.

I will definitely return even though it is hard to get in to see her.

to fastgranny #742975

We most thoroughly agree with the positive opinion about Dr.Drummond and appreciate having Dr.

Drummond take the time to explain procedures to us.

She is highly qualified and we trust her judgment.She is very professional and has a gentle touch.